Tim Trager asked in yesterday's Digest for a report on the North
Tonawanda, NY band organ rally, which I've been meaning to write.
The rally was held on the grounds of the Herschell Carrousel Factory
Museum on Friday and Saturday, August 27th & 28th. Some organs
were in front of the museum and the rest were along a park path
extending beyond the museum. There were about a dozen organs in
1. Stinson 187 concert organ (165 rolls), Larry Kern, Texas
2. Stinson 165, Bill Waters, Ohio
3. Gerb. Bruder 52 key, Ron Bopp, Oklahoma
4. Stinson 29 (165 rolls), Frank Rider, Indiana
5. Artizan X-A-2, Howard Kohlbrenner, Pennsylvania
6. Wurlitzer 125, Mary Pollock, Ohio
7. Wilhelm Bruder Sohne 81 key, Bob Conant, New York
8. Wurlitzer 150, John Gray, Texas
9. North Tonawanda, John Leonard, Ontario
10. Wurlitzer 50, John Leonard, Ontario
11. Wilhelm Bruder Sohne, Terry Haughawout, Ohio
12. Wurlitzer 105, owner unknown
13. Tangley Calliope, Harvey Roehl, New York
There were also a few organettes and monkey organs on hand.
All the while the museum's Wurlitzer 125 was playing for the Allan
Herschell carousel. The Carousel Modelers & Miniatures Assoc.
displayed its miniature carousels in the museum on Saturday and
Sunday, and the National Carousel Assoc. visited both events on
Saturday. It was certainly a great weekend.