I have just bought a large house near to Preston with the following
items in the downstairs rooms. (There are four players in the kitchen
and no, its not a big kitchen!) As we will be undertaking a lot of
work in the house, I need to empty it soon and would like to sell them
off cheap, cheap, cheap!
1. Winklemann grand ~6' in black, new strings and player action
2. Brinsmead grand ~6' in mahogany, unrestored but was working.
Upright players, 88-note
3. Scheidmeyer in black, fantastic sound. Restoration started,
only 2 or 3 keys not working.
4. Steck full original electric Duo-Art, working.
5. Steck full original electric Duo-Art, unrestored.
6. Weber. Partial restoration, needs restringing, etc.
7. Aeolian. For spares only.
8. St. Pauls. Basic instrument in mahogany.
9. Ajello. Mahogany.
10. Ajello. Mahogany.
11. Marshall & Rose. Mahogony.
12. Stems Grandiola. Black.
13. Rushworth & Draper. Mahogany
14. Leken. Mahogany.
Non 88-note players
15. Hupfeld Phonoliszt. 73 note. Walnut case with mother of pearl,
started life as electric. Motor missing.
16. Hupfeld Phonola. 73 note. Black case, working.
Both above have large box of rolls included.
17. Kuhl & Klatt. Restored and repolished. Original electric but not
working. I planned to put the Aeolian action in this.
18. Claviola Push Up. 73 note, unrestored.
19. Approx. 2000 rolls of 88 note, incl. 90 to 100 Duo-Art -- most from
my personal collection. There is very little rubbish here!!
20. 3 vacuum pumps: 2 basic ones and 1 top of the range.
21. Various restoration materials and large quantity piano wire,
22. Grotrian Steinweg grand in black in need of restoration,
23. Grotrian Steinweg grand in mahogany, completely stripped down,
24. Unknown German grand in walnut, partially restored. (Front of
top lid missing).
25. Joseph Doit square piano in walnut, restrung and working.