The program and registration forms for The Musical Box Society
International 2003 Annual Meeting and Convention are posted on the
MBSI web site: www.mbsi.org For answers to questions send an e-mail
request to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The MBSI Annual Meeting and Convention is held in a different city each
year. It's your opportunity to meet MMD participants and learn from
other collectors of mechanical music from all over the United States
and other countries. The Convention is open to all members of MBSI.
If you are not a member, you can join when you register, and you can
learn more about membership at the MBSI web site.
54th Annual Meeting and Convention, Musical Box Society International,
hosted by the Southern California Chapter:
* Dates: Wednesday evening August 27 through Monday, Sept. 1, 2003.
Banquet Sunday evening August 31.
* Optional all-day Early-Bird Tour: starts Wed. morning, August 27,
and includes the Getty Center and Hollywood.
* Two days of collection tours, including the world-famous Nethercutt
Collection in Sylmar.
* Buy and sell at the Mart (you must be registered to participate).
* Lots of terrific workshops on subjects relating to music boxes,
orchestrions, phonographs, reproducing and player pianos, musical
clocks, automata, and more.
* Evening performance by the undisputed "Queen of Ragtime," Mimi Blais.
* Fantastic banquet entertainment.
* Monday, September 1: Open houses (more collections) on your own.
* Register by July 25 and save $20 off your basic registration fee.
* Our hotel is in downtown Long Beach, and overlooks the Pacific Ocean.
We look forward to meeting you there!
Chairman, MBSI 2003 Annual Meeting and Convention