Hard-to-read Music Box Tune Card
By Matthew Caulfield
Darren Wallace asks in yesterday's MMD for help in deciphering the
writing on a tune card he has. Interestingly the tunes are Spanish
(except for no. 4), not French as you might expect.
Here's the best I can do:
1. looks like "Los Ojuelos." I find a place in Texas by that name but
nothing that connects here.
2. begins "Hymno del..." and looks like it continues "Cuidandana (or
better Ciudandana) riego."
3. looks like "Petra Camera" but I could not verify any such waltz.
4. looks like "Dame au Dulce." But I could not verify that title.
5. is "El Ramillete." There are a couple of YouTube performances of a
dance by that name to choose from.
6. is "El Cucuye (The Cuckoo)," an 1851 composition arranged by George
Since the tune card may not have been written by a native speaker of
Spanish, it could be that the titles are a bit garbled. It will be
interesting to see what others come up with.
(Message sent Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:10:37 GMT, from time zone GMT-0400.)