John M. Ross wrote:
> I have mould forming in my glue pot. I have tried cleaning the pot,
> and mixing a new batch. When I come back a week later to use it,
> patches of mould have formed.
It is not easy to keep mould out of a glue-pot, but it should last
several months without it. The mould could be in the glue pellets,
especially when they are being kept in a place with a high humidity.
I always add a little bit of citric acid to my glue. I know of people
who use tartaric acid for the same purpose.
As long as the glue is smelling good, you can keep using it, but in the
end it will get runny and lose its strength.
Lots of success, and Merry Christmas!
Hans van Oost