Mechanical Music Digest  Archives
You Are Not Logged In Login/Get New Account
Please Log In. Accounts are free!
Logged In users are granted additional features including a more current version of the Archives and a simplified process for submitting articles.
Home Archives Calendar Gallery Store Links Info
MMD > Archives > November 1998 > 1998.11.07 > 10Prev  Next

What is a Themodist ?
By Reyah Carlson

Could somebody tell me what, and where the Themodist is located, or at
least what it looks like, in my piano?  I was told it has one, I am not
sure exactly what its function is, and where it is located...  I do
know that on some player rolls, the small holes to the left and right
edges (also refereed to as snake bites) trigger the mechanism.

I also would like to thank all the input from the MMDigest "crew"  for
your help and input with different ideas I have had concerning my Steck
Pianola!  I'm also still searching for a piano tech in the Ventura
California area, to rebuild my player!

Thanks a million!
Reyah Carlson

(Message sent Sat 7 Nov 1998, 16:26:03 GMT, from time zone GMT-0500.)

Key Words in Subject:  is, Themodist, What

Home    Archives    Calendar    Gallery    Store    Links    Info   

Enter text below to search the MMD Website with Google

CONTACT FORM: Click HERE to write to the editor, or to post a message about Mechanical Musical Instruments to the MMD

Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are those of the individual authors and may not represent those of the editors. Compilation copyright 1995-2019 by Jody Kravitz.

Please read our Republication Policy before copying information from or creating links to this web site.

Click HERE to contact the webmaster regarding problems with the website.

Please support publication of the MMD by donating online

Pay via PayPal

No PayPal account required

Translate This Page

. .