Dear friends of mechanical music, For a study about early street
organs by Gavioli of Paris, I am looking for information about street
organs built by Gavioli in Paris before 1900. I would like to have
information from anybody who owns a (small) Gavioli street barrel organ
of any type. Please send to me:
- how many keys;
- type as depicted on the front, and what is exactly written there;
- any number(s) found inside;
- layout of the key frame (basses, accompaniment, flutes, trumpets,
or other pipes);
- photographs, if you have any;
- any further information if you have about the instrument.
Please send any information to my address <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
I would be very grateful for everything that you send to me!
Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Hans van Oost, Webmaster KDV