Hello MMD, I'm sad to say my storage unit in Redding (in far Northern
California) was stolen during the last two months and the likelihood
of catching the thieves is small because the security camera footage
is technically unwatchable (as per the locker company). I'm attaching
a list of the items I remember hoping they are rare enough that some
of you may notice them. The list includes:
- several plastic tubs containing 152 National Coin Piano rolls
- upright dark mahogany piano roll cabinet, had spring metal clips to
hold the rolls.
- a circa 1790 unrestored Longman And Broderip Barrel Organ With Harp
Stop (London England) Extensive painted embellishments and lettering
on a mahogany cabinet.
- cardboard box holding approximately 44 15.5" Regina music box discs
- satin black Vorsetzer
- miscellaneous records
- exterior horn wind up phonograph, sound box lists O'Brien Cyclery
of Coventry England
- Capehart #4 countertop jukebox and 2 other similar Capehart record
- 2 1941 Seeburg "RC-9800" jukeboxes
- a 1939 Seeburg "Classic" jukebox
- a 1934 Mills "Standard Dancemaster" jukebox
My contact information is below. The Redding Police Department
information is case # 17-65919, Officer Braud, tel. 1-530-225-4200
A word of warning to anyone else with storage lockers. I had the
best traditional Masterlock I could buy in matching sets, but not
the circular type with less shackle showing. The thieves apparently
were able to cut them with bolt cutters and took photos prior to
replacing the locks with their own, and selling the locker online.
This last part is probable because they caught a couple removing
another locker. They provided a "bill of sale" from an online auction
and supposedly were sent the keys through the mail after paying the
auction, but they couldn't explain how they got through the passcoded
electronic entry gate. The locker owner assumes they have a working
entry code or shadowed another person through the gates.
Suggestion: get the best locks you can with the thickest and least
revealed shackle. I can provide some pictures of the items.
email@example.com [delete ".geentroep" to reply]
[ List of stolen items
[ example of National Coin Piano rolls
[ piano roll cabinet, closed doors
[ piano roll cabinet, open doors