Hi group, In answer to John W. Miller's question about Ampico
Christmas rolls, I have listed below the rolls in my collection.
It seems to me that several years ago someone wrote an article for
the AMICA Bulletin covering these rolls. I can't remember who
Boxes with green boughs and red ribbons:
5472 "The Story of Christmas 1925" (Various), played by Adam Carroll
1. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night, etc.
5148 "Christmas Greetings 1926" (Various), played by Milton Suskind
1. Hark the Herald Angels Sing; 2. Sleep Holy Babe, 3. Cantique de Noel
(This is your roll number 2)
5976 "Toyland" (Various), played by Adam Carroll
"A Christmas Fantasie" 1927
6418 "Grandmother's Christmas" (Various), played by Adam Carroll
Descriptive Story by Sigmund Spaeth
Box with flower vine and gray bottom:
6800 "A Christmas Eve Fantasy" (Various) played by L. Leslie Loth
Christmas Greetings 1928
Silent Night, Oh Sanctissima, Once In Royal David's City, etc.
My copy of this roll is in a replacement box. I don't know what the
original bpx was.
7133 "Christmas Greetings 1929" (Various), played by Adam Carroll
1. Romance Op. 45, No. 1, F Sharp; etc.
Standard black boxes:
721 "Christmas Hymns" (Various) played by Andrei Kmita
1. I Came Upon The Midnight Clear, 2. O Little Town Of, etc.
2833B "Christmas Carols Series No. 2" (Various) played by Elsie Holt
1. Good King Wenceslas, 2. What Child Is This, etc.
463-H "Christmas Carols" (Various) played by Andrei Kmita
1. Christmas Message; 2. A Sprig Arose to Glory; etc.
4760 "Christmas Greetings" (Various) played by Milton Suskind
1. Adeste Fideles, 2. O Holy Night, 3. O Tannenbaum
(This is your roll number 1)
Of course there are single tune rolls also.
Jack M. Conway, Los Angeles, California USA