Greetings automuse, I just got a couple of ittyMIDI setups, one the
Palm 125 and the other the IIIxe.
After a bit of frustration due to unfamiliarity with Palm concepts and
terminology, the devices are working well and I am quite pleased with
the ittyMIDI player application. The player is easy to navigate and
plays my MIDI devices perfectly. Using the utilities for managing the
Palm is a little confusing but this is because of the way the Palm
software works, not the ittyMIDI software. Anyone with Palm experience
should have no problems but without this, be ready for a little
learning and setting up shortcuts, etc.
Since all of my MIDI files have Windows file names that are numeric
and not of much use in a playlist that shows only the file name,
I wrote a little utility that extracts the first track name in the file
and renames the file to that. It removes characters that would create
illegal file names and can limit the length to any number of characters.
If anyone is interested in this utility I can post it to my web site