31 Reasons for Attending the 2010 AMICA Convention in Buffalo,
New York, July 7th - July 11th, 2010.
1. Have a great time!
2. Be surrounded by terrific people who care about automatic musical
instruments and who share your enthusiasm about these marvels.
3. Stay in a top hotel that has just undergone a multimillion dollar
4. Enter the Pumper Contest and possibly win the Footsie Award.
5. Attend a number of workshops by Bob Taylor, Herb Lindahl, Felix
Klempka, Ray Dietz and ???
6. Be a part of the Second Largest Food Festival in the U.S., with
sixty vendors supplying a wide variety of food and drink.
7. Tour a number of churches in Downtown Buffalo, see their magnificent
architecture and listen to their mighty pipe organs.
8. Be entertained by "imported" acts in the Hospitality Suite.
9. Visit the Roycroft Campus in Historic East Aurora and eat lunch at
the Inn founded by Elbert Hubbard at the turn of the century.
10. Tour an automobile museum housing a select number of Pierce-Arrow
automobiles, manufactured in Buffalo, New York.
11. View Displays and listen to an Aeolian Residence Pipe Organ with
a 116-note player in the Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society
building, one of two remaining buildings from the 1901 Pan-American
12. Walk through the restored rooms of the only multi-building
residence ever designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
13. Take a trip back in time and go down the aisles of a 1930s 5-
& 10-cent store. Participate in the annual convention "Mart". Set up
a table or just bring money and buy something fantastic that you have
always wanted! COAA members will also be selling items at the Mart.
15. Sit in on the workshops or work on a cross-stitch design or see a
quilting display and talk by members of the Southtowns Quilter's Group.
16. Experience first-hand the mighty power of the Niagara River at the
base of the Niagara Falls on the Maid of the Mist boat ride.
17. Get up-close and personal to Niagara Falls by going on the Cave of
the Winds excursion.
18. Ride a tram through the Niagara Falls State Park and view the
various sites or disembark and re-enter the tram where and when you
19. Go directly to the Seneca Niagara Casino and possibly get free
spending money from the Casino (one filled bus = free money) and maybe
win a small fortune.
20. Eat dinner in the Seneca Niagara Casino, one of the top rated
casinos (outside of Las Vegas) in the U.S.
21. Sit in on an informal concert with internationally renowned
organist Dennis James playing the mighty Wurlitzer organ at the
Buffalo Shea's Theatre. Dennis will also accompany two silent films
for our enjoyment.
22. View and listen to an elaborate Art Case Wurlitzer Apollo Grand
built specifically for the Shea's Theatre.
23. Eat a fantastic meal at the Saturday evening Banquet and be enter-
tained by the local Pyramid Band that will play period music. Listen
to some audio clips at their web site: http://www.pyramidband.com/
24. Attend the first and possibly last Band Organ Rally to be held on
Wurlitzer Factory grounds in North Tonawanda. Fifteen band organs are
already registered for the event.
25. Visit the Hershell-Spillman Carrousel Factory Museum and see the
original roll perforator make band organ music once again. Rolls
should be for sale.
26. Hear Wurlitzer Historian and Pipe Organ Expert Jeff Weiler talk
about the history of the Wurlitzer Company.
27. Receive the 2010 convention roll, which has never been issued as
a piano roll, but the song was so popular that it started a dance craze
in the 1940s.
28. Discover another distinctive culinary treat (not a chicken wing)
that will be in your registration packet.
29. Have a truly fine dining experience at E.B. Greene's, one of the
top ten steakhouses in the U.S., conveniently located inside the Hyatt
30. Take home a memorable keepsake of your stay in Buffalo in 2010.
31. Fondly remember all the great times and fantastic people you met at
the 2010 AMICA Convention!
If this list stirs your interest in our convention, please go to
http://www.amica.org/ , click on Billy the Bison at the bottom of the
page and be taken to another page that has more information about the
convention, downloading a registration form, and information about
booking your room at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. There is not much time
left to book your room at the hotel. Do it today!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 716-656-9583 or by
e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org [delete ".geentroep" to reply]
Thanks very much!