hosted on condor3913
 Mechanical Music Digest  Archives
You Are Not Logged In Login/Get New Account
Please Log In. Accounts are free!
Logged In users are granted additional features including a more current version of the Archives and a simplified process for submitting articles.
Home Archives Calendar Gallery Store Links Info
MMD > Archives > October 2012 > 2012.10.19 > 04Prev  Next

Replacing Player Piano Casters
By John A. Tuttle

Hi Joyce and All,  All serious piano and player piano rebuilders have
what's called a piano tilter.  Basically, it's a simple device that
attaches to the back of the piano that allows the user to 'roll' the
piano over onto its back while at the same time raising the piano about
1-1/2 feet off the ground.  In your local area there is most likely
a piano technician/tuner who has one.  I've posted a picture of two
such devices at 

John A Tuttle
Brick, New Jersey, USA

(Message sent Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:16:31 GMT, from time zone GMT-0400.)

Key Words in Subject:  Casters, Piano, Player, Replacing

Home    Archives    Calendar    Gallery    Store    Links    Info   

Enter text below to search the MMD Website with Google

CONTACT FORM: Click HERE to write to the editor, or to post a message about Mechanical Musical Instruments to the MMD

Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are those of the individual authors and may not represent those of the editors. Compilation copyright 1995-2023 by Jody Kravitz.

Please read our Republication Policy before copying information from or creating links to this web site.

Click HERE to contact the webmaster regarding problems with the website.

Please support publication of the MMD by donating online

Pay via PayPal

No PayPal account required

Translate This Page