Hi Group, I had such a great response to my request for information to
identify the maker and tune information for my Paillard music box that
I would like to ask for help again.
I have a circa 1895 Mermod Freres 10-tune music box, No. 70929, with
this tune card:
1. The Darkies Dream - Lansing
2. Comrades -
3. Maggie Murphy's Home - (Braham)*
4. Helrows (Kellows) Reel -
5. Rock A Bye Baby - Canning
6. Little Annie Rooney - Brun
7. Marguerite Romance - White
8. Faust Up To Date, Skirt Dance - Lutz
9. Little Fisher Maiden, Waltz -Waldmann
10. Ta Ra Ra Boom Deay - Asher
* Tunes 2, 3, and 4 have no composers written on the card. I found
Braham as composer for tune 3 on the Internet.
When searching for tune 2, "Comrades", all that comes up is
"The Old Comrade."
When searching for tune 4, "Helrows Reel", I get no results. When
searching for "Kellows Reel" I get a links to a reel of Kellogg's
Cereal commercials and fishing reels!
Can anyone come up with the unknown titles and composers?
Also on the card is written "7 1/2 Pouces". Is this the width of
the cylinder in inches?
Thanks for any help.
Jack M. Conway, Los Angeles, California, USA
[ Tune no. 4 is possibly "Kelton's Reel". -- Robbie