Hi Group, Here I am asking for help again. I am working on my Wurli-
tzer APP roll collection. I just purchased four original rolls on the
Internet and (after making a few small repairs, adding one wire leader,
one core, and turning two cores around to put the drive pin on the
correct side) I got to play and record them today. Here is my problem:
Unknown roll # 1 has no label and no roll end number, tunes 1-5 not known.
Unknown roll #2 is the second half (Tunes 6-10) of a cut-down 10-tune
roll (I didn't do it), number 31253, tune 10 being "Moonlight and Roses",
tunes 6-9 unknown.
Roll 1436, tunes 1-5 unknown. Roll 808, tunes 1-5 unknown.
Written on the bottom of one box is 1828, and two partial labels No.
1716 and 1839.
Roll number 1819:
1. Why Couldn't It be Poor Little Me, Fox Trot / Isham Jones
2. Sob Sister Sadie, Fox Trot / Bigelow & Bates
3. My Sally (Just the Same) Waltz / A. W. Kane
4. Keep Smiling at Trouble, Fox Trot / Gens__?
5. I Weep Over You, Fox Trot / Charley Straight
Roll Number 1716:
1. Raggedy Ann, Fox Trot from "Stepping Stones" / Jerome Kern,
2. Immigration Rose, Fox Trot / West, McHugh, Dash,
3. California Here I Come, Fox Trot / Jolson, Da Silva, and Meyer,
4. You, Fox Trot / Bud Cooper,
5. She Wouldn't Do (What I Asked He To), Fox Trot /
Gottlieb, Bouteje, and __________?
I have recorded these four rolls, plus No. 1111 (1-5) and No. 893 (1-5)
for which I have no titles, on a Wurlitzer BX. Is anyone out there
willing to listen to the tape and see if you can identify any of them?
If anyone is willing to give it a try, I have 20 more original rolls
and a couple of others with few or no titles that I would like to
identify. I will list the numbers below in case you have the roll with
a label I can get a copy of or I will record any or all that anyone is
willing to listen to and try to identify.
Here are the roll numbers: 103, 0213 (recut), 750, 808, 893, 1059, 1097
(Tune 1. How You Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm?), 1111, 1387, 1411
(Tune 1. Ain't We Got Fun), 1420 (Tune 2. Whispering), 1573, 1603,
1730, 1731, 1822, 1836, 1839, 1845 (Tune 1. Collegiate), 2575, 2666.
Ten Tune Roll Numbers: 20798, 31253 (Tune 10. Moonlight and Roses).
Need tunes 6-10 for both. The roll numbers were found by checking for
the pencil roll numbers at the end of the rolls.
I thank everyone in advance for any titles that you can provide!