I have just taken into stock copies of the book below (originally
issued in 1997) which has been re-printed with corrections only
two weeks ago.
"Restoring Musical Boxes & Musical Clocks", by A. Ord-Hume
re-print published July 2005. 10" x 7 1/4"
hardback, 368 pages, £35
1. Workshop Requirements & Skills
2. Restoring Cylinder Musical Boxes
3. Repinning Musical Box Cylinders
4. Restoring Disc-Playing Musical Boxes
5. Miniature Musical Movements & Singing Birds
6. Types of Musical Movements found in Clocks
7. Restoring the Carillon Movement in Clocks
8. Restoring Small Pipe Organs in Musical Clocks
9. Restoring the Dulcimer Mechanism in Clocks
10. Restoring Cases
11. Documentation, Display, Demonstration & Conservation.
Mechanical Musical Instruments & their components
Music for the Musical Clock
Musical Theory & Principles of Tuning
Suppliers of Restoration Materials
Bibliography & Index
If you would like further details please contact me. I try to
stock all books on mechanical music currently in print, from both
USA & European publishers, and many older publications.