Posting Information from pre-1930 issues of the Tuners' Journal
Hi All, Some concern has been expressed about the new web pages I just
mentioned the other day [050907 MMDigest]. These are the ones that
have information which came from the Tuners' Journal in 1927 and 1928.
I've talked to a few people about the situation and in their opinion,
I'm not doing anything wrong. The reasons they cited are
1. Generally, the information in a copyrighted publication only lasts
for 70 years unless the copyright is extended.
2. I have given full credit to the author.
3. I give the name of the publication from which the information came.
4. I'm not selling the information.
5. My reason for posting the information is purely educational.
However, in the interest of erring on the side of caution, the articles
have been removed from the web site until I'm certain that it's okay to
post them on the Internet. I hope to get a final decision by Tuesday,
Aug. 13, 2005.
John A Tuttle
Brick, New Jersey, USA