In my active days (1960-2002) I built five 165's, one 150, and six
125's, and I added a 165 attachment to play the big Wurlitzer in
Mitsukoshi Department Store when an organist was not available.
Some had pipes, some were hybrids and some were all electronic.
I operated all of them using Doyle Lane's wonderful valves, which
moved pneumatics with magnets on them that activated reed switches
to send the current to whatever was to make the noise.
Now everybody is weeping and wailing about attaching pneumatics.
I took the easy way out. I stuck a piece of double-sided adhesive
tape to the stationary leaf, cut a hole in the tape with a 3/4"
punch, peeled off the tape backing and stuck them onto the stack.
In all this time, I have had about six fall off. A few which were
made with Polylon had to be recovered, and with a knife blade slipped
in between the stack and the pneumatic, off they came!
I know that this will be considered sacrilege, but as I was building
from the ground up and not making historical reproductions, I took
the easy way out. So if you are not a stickler for authenticity,
you will save many hours of gluing and cussing. Thank heaven I am
in Japan so no MMD'ers can appear with tar and feathers!
I just thought you might like to know a blasphemous builder!
Vic Searle in Tokyo
[ See Vic's organs at http://mmd.foxtail.com/Pictures/vsearle1.html
[ -- Robbie