Oh, the power of the Internet, and the helpful kindness of MMD'ers.
David Sharpe saw my posting to the 080529 MMD about roll 20462, the
number of which was ambiguously pencilled at the end of the roll.
David has roll 20462, with original label. He kindly sent me an image
of the roll label and of the last foot or so of tune #1. I compared
the perforations shown in the image with the perforations in the roll
I have, and they match perfectly.
Now I can box the roll for its owner, using a copy of the original
label. The label says "Hand Played Roll." For the record, the tunes
on that roll are:
1. The Japanese Sandman (R.A. Whiting) -- Fox Trot
2. Ding Toes (Caddigan & Story) -- Fox Trot
3. Dear Old Gal (Who's Your Pal Tonight) (R.A. Whiting) -- Waltz
4. Gingham Girl (Maceo Pinkard) -- Fox Trot
5. Scandal Walk (Gershwin) -- ?? [not given]
6. Love Nest (Lewis A. Hirsch) -- Fox Trot
7. Alice Blue Gown (H. Tierney) -- Fox Trot
8. I'm In Heaven When I'm In My Mother's Arms (Milton Ager) -- Fox Trot
9. A Young Man's Fancy (Milton Ager) -- Fox Trot
10. Madrigal Of May (Nitke) -- Waltz
Irondeqoit, New York