Hi All, Douglas Heckrotte hit the nail on the head concerning the
creation of the curve for the 'trumpet' in the slider. I ended up
getting four different images and I traced each one as explained in a
previous posting. Then I initially divided the curved section into four
segments and took measurements. Using those and a French curve (yes,
I've got one..;-)), I 'connected the dots'. Not being satisfied with
the appearance of the results, I divided the curves in six segments and
Over the course of a week, I arrived at averages that were within a few
thousandths of an inch of each other. Using those numbers, I drew in
the line segments and then used a neat feature of the eMachineShop
program called 'Simplify', which automatically created a smooth arc.
Then, using their copy/paste/flip feature, I duplicated the arc on the
other side of the trumpet.
Regarding all of the other associated sizes and distances, I used the
same basic technique as I used concerning the arc, i.e., taking
measurements and arriving at averages. After completing the fourteenth
variation, I was satisfied, and late Monday night I sent the job off to
I should be getting the parts on Monday or Tuesday this coming week.
They will be selling for $20.00 each. They are being made out of
1/16-inch thick acetal [e.g. Delrin, Celcon, etc.].
John A Tuttle
Brick, New Jersey, USA